Commercial Plumber / Wetworker
£20 per hour – subcontractor – need your own van
* Diagnosing faults and replacement of central heating components in domestic properties, served by a communal system.
* Conform to relevant technical standards, follow technical drawings and plans to effectively carry out maintenance and improvement works.
* Ensure inspections are recorded and faults reported in strict accordance with company, client and regulatory guidelines.
* Meet customer and contract expectations by carrying out works in a timely manner to a high standard.
* NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in gas, plumbing and/or mechanical sector is required as a bare minimum
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
* Mechanical and electrical components associated with repairs and installation works.
* To work on high pressure/temperature installations in client district heating system properties
* To service and repair HIU CIU installations
* Thorough knowledge in domestic heating systems. (communal experience desired)
* Able to safely isolate and perform repairs on wet heating systems and controls of.
* Pragmatic, efficient and confident approach to decision-making.
* Translate drawings and schematic diagrams and have a keen eye for detail.
* Being organised, keeping your workplace clean and tidy.
* Able to thoroughly examine and investigate issues that arise in a domestic heating setting, and subsequently complete reports on findings with recommendations to resolve and fix the issue(s).
* Able to learn new processes in a reasonably fast-paced way.
* 5 years or more in the installation, maintenance, repair and removal of domestic heating systems within a multi occupancy dwelling/domestic setting (desirable but not essential)