The Asset manager is responsible to provide effective co-ordination of the programme’s projects and management of their inter-dependencies including oversight of any risks and issues arising.
The Manager is responsible for the overall integrity and coherence of the capital programme. They will develop and maintain the programme environment to support each individual project within it. The role will be working across multiple domains and the post holder should have excellent communication and collaboration skills.
The successful individual will act upon this view to mitigate risks, remove blockers, enable other team officers to deliver and ensure the Director of Asset Management is always informed about the status of the Council’s Property assets, Projects and Capital Programme.
Duties and responsibilities
* To take overall responsibility for programming of the capital investment programme, ensuring that projects are managed in a methodical manner, that allocations of funds are fully taken up, and that a good standard of construction work is achieved.
* To serve as a programme lead for asset management of the portfolio and supervise asset officers to maintain up to date property data. Including, but not limited to: a. Lead the Capital programme.
* Provide effective leadership, support and motivation to staff. Ensure staff are recruited, trained, managed, appraised and developed in accordance with internal and statutory procedures in an effective and sensitive manner.
* Assist with the development of key performance targets for the delivery of the programme and ensure that agreed targets are achieved.
* To work as part of a delivery team and to operate in a solution focussed manner.
* To monitor changes or developments within the industry.
* Undertake other duties commensurate with the responsibilities of the post as required.
* To nurture a mentoring style learning environment, to the benefit of the business, in line with the Company’s vision and values.
• Minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role.
• Experience of creating and maintaining relationships with suppliers and stakeholders.
• Communicating and presenting information to stakeholders regarding contracts.
• Monitoring capital programmes of works.
• Problem-solving related issues.
• Understanding of the Asset Management.
• Ability to manage and motivate across multiple departments.
• Evidence of multiple senior stake holder management.
• Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team and making a strong and valuable contribution within the team.
• Ability to take decisions and resolve challenging issues.
• Ability to manage multiple budgets and can simplify into a single transparent cohesive financial picture.
• Strong understanding of Decent homes criteria and/or government housing legislations.
• Experience of managing large scale programs of change Experience working in a council or ALMO environment.
This Role is a FTC with a Salary banding between £55,017 – £63,633