Technical damp inspector
My client a leading social housing provider are currently seeking an experienced technical damp inspector to join thier books on a 6 month FTC.
Main Purpose of the role:
* To carry out onsite inspections of various property designs and structure to diagnose effective
repairs, particularly in issues of mould and damp, ensuring high standards of work and Customer
* To deal with any complaints arising from the Technical workload and jobs undertaken
* To ensure that performance, productivity and quality of technical inspections is effective to deliver required service standards
* To manage all types of casework and correspondence delegated, ensuring responses are to a
high standard and meet the required deadlines.
* To manage the inspection diary, ensuring all appointments are met in line with the urgent needs of the service.
* To manage works on site from initial stages to completion, including issuing instructions and
authorising additional works to operatives and contractors. Ensure work is carried out to specification, budget and timescales.
* To work closely with other repairs managers and other service areas, providing technical advice and support, including effective customer service to residents
* To ensure all work complies with Health and Safety legislation, statutory requirements, and the Council’s standing orders and financial procedures
* To provide advice to Supervisors and operatives on technical matters and problems arising and
resolve operational issues including responding to casework
* To carry out post inspections and technical surveys on site with operatives to identify defects and
improvements, ensuring high standards of work and customer satisfaction. To produce reports
resulting from site inspections.
* To evaluate tenders and recommend action to be taken to secure a suitable contract.
* To ensure project planning by any sub-contractors is adequate. To supervise trade
operatives/contractors on site, monitor performance and expenditure, hold regular meetings and carry out all contract administration.
* To produce technical reports and deal with correspondence and customer queries
* Complete work in accordance with agreed targets and timescales
* Maintain excellent customer service in all areas of work
* Take responsibility for own learning and development
* Comply with policies, including contractual standing orders, financial
* regulations and all HR policies and procedures including Health & Safety and Equality & Diversity
* To use a flexible and engaging coaching style of management to support and develop colleagues for the benefit of the individual, service and organisation
* CSRT or equivalent qualification and CRDS/CTIS qualified
* Good knowledge of Health & Safety legislation, including CDM
* Experienced in in preparing specifications and reports
* Excellent IT skills
* Customer Service Experience