The post holder will be pivotal in providing leadership and direction to the whole depot operation. Responsible for the management and maintenance of the depot and stores, in line with statutory regulations and company procedures and policies.
Main Objectives of the post
* Fully accountable for leading and managing the depot. Ensuring the day-to-day operation runs efficiently, is safe and is legally compliant.
* Leading and engaging a team to drive excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
* Manage and review budgetary performance to ensure expenditure is within agreed limits. Agree action to rectify any likely over or under spend.
* Ensuring that there is a robust system in place to manage daily deliveries and collections, managing resources effectively and ensuring customer expectations are consistently met.
* Responsible for the asset register and servicing schedules for machinery and plant equipment, ensuring that they are maintained to the highest standard and ready for use.
* Ensuring that servicing and repair schedules are maintained, and mandatory periodic testing and calibrations are completed on time and kept up to date in accordance with the manufacturers’ recommendations.
* Oversee waste management and control, ensuring that waste disposal activities are compliant with public health and HSE regulations.
* Lead on improvements in the development of the stock management system to improve the repairs service delivery of the DLO and aid compliance with regulatory matters.
* Manage and maintain effective impress stock control systems for fleet, carrying out regular reviews of stock usage, and trends to improve the efficiency of service delivery.
* Work closely with other areas of Property Services and to ensure service level agreements (SLAs) are achieved by seeking regular and effective communications methods or mechanisms are developed.
* Train, support and develop staff including regular briefings on work and safety matters, new policies, toolbox talks and Inductions. Ensure that regular training for the safe operation of plant is undertaken and staff licenses/ accreditations are kept up to date.
* Develop and report on KPI's for all depot functions, identify and communicate associated actions and highlight areas for improvement.
* Generate ad-hoc management reports regarding testing, maintenance, stock control, health and safety or related areas for senior management as requested.
* Undertake any other duties consistent with the objectives of the post and work within the overall scope of the repairs team’s requirements, based on service demand and staffing requirements.
* Inspire and enforce a positive Health and Safety culture within the team, ensuring the correct resources for a safe working environment are made available