Job: SHEQ Advisor
Area: Numerous sites between London to Portsmouth
Salary: 45k – 50k depending on experience
My client a leading nationwide contractor are currently seeking a perm SHEQ Advisor to come on board for there social housing reactive maintenance contracts, Deliver effective multi-site Safety, health environmental & quality support, advice, guidance and support by effective engagement and challenge with project teams and supply chain partners.
* Communicate & promote a positive SHEQ ethos and culture
* Promoting and delivering SHEQ strategy
* Take appropriate and robust action for identified non-compliance with industry and Standards and expectations
* Guide and advice projects on the implementation of business management system, policies, and procedures.
* Monitor site performance using the company monitoring arrangements.
* Conduct investigations for allocated accident and incident and support and develop project team members to perform quality investigations.
* Lead and support the continuous improvement of SHEQ performance.
* Proactively monitor the closure of actions, via internal reporting arrangements.
* Support and advice to subcontractors and suppliers as required.
* Participate and support in the bid, pre con and pre start processes as required/ based on risk profiles.
* Provide performance analysis and management reporting as required.
* Support line manager and wider team in the delivery of agreed strategy and action plans.
* Other duties that may be allocated.
* Understanding and capability to deliver practical application of legislation and industry standards
* Excellent communication and influencing skills
* Team player
* Ability to travel, (pre-arranged) and occasional overnight stay
* Flexible with time (weekends and nights)
* NEBOSH/ working towards CMIOSH or equivalent
* Basic computer skills, e.g. for report compilation and data base use/ research