My client a leading Housing association are currently seeking an experienced surveyor to join thier books on a 6 month FTC.
The Main Purpose of the role:
* To provide a comprehensive specialised technical service to ensure that potential disrepair, statutory nuisance, structural repairs and insurance claim are dealt with professionally and as expeditiously as possible.
* To manage and monitor works in relation to damp and mould.
* To provide technical and surveying support to the property services functions.
1. To carry out pre/post inspections when required to identify defects and improvements. To prepare specifications and estimates as required.
2. Attend properties to carry out appropriate inspections and provide advice to tenants on a range of health and housing issues. Maintaining proper records of visits and inspection findings, making recommendations to senior managers on any areas needing further actions.
3. Work independently and manage a variable caseload
4. To investigate, monitor and manage works in relation to damp and mould
5. Establish and maintain good lines of communication with area housing offices, liaise and negotiate with tenants, leaseholders, their legal and surveying representatives, Legal Services, other departments and external bodies.
6. Be proficient in the use of devices, aids and instruments for making assessments and diagnosis of building failures.
7. Possess a working knowledge of the relevant contracts and contract documentation. Issue contract instructions as necessary ensuring that contracts and works are administered in a professional manner and that the contractor complies with appropriate regulations and contract conditions.
8. Assist management in obtaining tenders and quotations from approved contractors for works not covered by the DLO, ensuring compliance, with statutory budget and audit requirements (within delegated authority), standing orders and financial regulations.
9. Liaise with legal colleagues on individual cases as necessary and on more general issues such as legal procedures and interpretation of legislation.
10. Have a working knowledge of relevant legislation and legal documentation and court procedure, ensure that relevant legislation is adhered to in respect of disrepair, and keep abreast of developments with statutory and regulatory requirements.
11. To oversee start dates, works in progress, standards of workmanship, materials etc. Monitor and report variances to agreed standards and recommend corrective action.
12. To carry out the duties of the post with an understanding of and commitment to customer care. Implement Lewisham Homes customer care policies.
13. To assist in managing any external contract or services delivered through external partners.
14. To assist in meeting KPI performance targets and customer satisfaction targets for the service area as defined by the Lewisham Homes’ board and senior managers.
15. To ensure effective action is taken to address under-performance.
16. To assist with the introduction of new ways of working that will improve the service to residents and improve business efficiency.
17. Assist in the preparation of records and statistics as required.
18. To respond to written and verbal Casework and Complaints on time in order to resolve issues effectively and speedily
* HNC / degree and /or membership of a recognized professional body or equivalent qualification or experience
* Experience of the diverse issues affecting poor health in social housing
* Experience of dealing with potentially difficult people in potentially difficult situations