Client Relationship Manager – Social Housing
Position Title: Client Relationship Manager
Responsible to: Commercial Director
Location: London and South East
* To build and manage long term relationships with key client contacts, understanding contractual / agreed performance targets & KPI’s and identifying potential for change.
* Research and identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services – or new ways of reaching existing markets.
* Strategic business planning in terms of contracts expiring, tenders for winning new business, maximising existing opportunities (up-selling) and bid management.
* Lead and coordinate the drafting of bids, working across the Company leadership team and external partners, from tender evaluation through to bid submission.
* Develop a good understanding of the businesses' services and be able to devise promotional strategies about them.
* To promote a high standard of work and customer service excellence that matches the Company’s objectives and vision, and upholds internal policy, procedures and values.
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
Relevant degree or vocational qualifications gained through career
5 year’s managerial experience leading teams supporting social housing contracts relating to gas / heating, electrical / fire safety or water hygiene / legionella control operations
Demonstratable leadership and planning skills with proven ability to manage change.
Experienced in the tender to bid process and the winning of contracts
Good understanding of social value models and their application in successful bids
5 year’s experience in successful client management in social housing.
Skills / Characteristics
* Tenacity and drive to seek new business with an excellent telephone manner for making initial contact and for ongoing communication with customers and business associates
* Interpersonal and negotiating skills for building and developing lasting relationships with clients and effective networks.
* Written and verbal communication skills – needed for communicating with a range of people, both internally and externally, as well as presentation skills and IT skills.
* Teamworking skills and a collaborative approach to work.
* Decision-making skills with the ability to prioritise workload, the ability to motivate yourself and set your own goals.
* Project management and organisational skills
Business and Department Leadership
* To agree priorities and plans for the department with the Commercial Director and the Company leadership team on an annual basis. Ensuring they are executed accordingly.
* Evaluate relevant tenders, promote those that present viable opportunities and lead the tender to bid process working with colleagues across the business.
* Identify and implement change activity within the department which will support the achievement of business objectives.
* Be an ambassador for cultural change with client contacts, focusing on customer service excellence.
* Support business growth and promote examples of business excellence to potential clients.
* Client development and business development to include seminars, client forums and digital / social media channels,
* Introduce product offering available to own contract customers as and when viable
* Drive new opportunities for contract growth through relevant service diversification and/or up-selling.
* Supporting the mobilisation of new contracts (commercial and contractual elements)
* Regular contribution towards Company’s tenders / bids required, including interview participation
* Manage client expectations with a realistic approach.
* Enhance customer satisfaction levels to meet or exceed requirements.
* Maintain and create client / service provider relationships.
* Attend client meetings as required.
* Work closely with the operations team to review complaints and performance improvement acting as voice of the customer within the Company