Carpenter Multi Trader
A great opportunity has become available for a reliable and skilled Multi Skilled Carpenter to join a Housing Association, working on a property contract based in Isle of Wight.
You will be providing the day-to-day repairs and planned maintenance to various buildings across the Isle of Wight.
What you will get in return
* An annual salary of £30,160
* A call out retainer payment of £100
* Up to 36 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
* Company Sick Pay Scheme
* Life Assurance
* Company Van with Fuel Card
The key activities you will undertake in this role will be:
* Diagnose and rectify faults within core and other trades related repair requests.
* To ensure that the quality of work meets the highest possible standards at all times
* Support all trades to deliver a professional and safe maintenance and repairs service.
* Using your PDA maintain accurate records of works undertaken with photographic evidence as necessary, reporting any difficulties encountered to the Service Manager and /or Supervisor.
* Maintain your company vehicle in a clean and tidy condition at all times and report any defects to the Foreman/ Supervisor in a timely manner.
The Skills Required
* Able to use the phone or PDA to communicate effectively
* Fit & Fix Mortice Latch and Latch set, Door Hanging, Door Lining and Rebated frame work.
* All aspects of kitchen installation with mitred worktop joints (internal & external) where applicable.
* Be comfortable and sensitive in dealing with a variety of commercial and residential clients.
* Be able to diagnose the right repair adopting the right first-time approach.
The Required Qualifications
* A trade specific qualification minimum NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in Carpentry.
* Must be competent in 2 other secondary skills.
* Full current driving license.
* A DBS check is required before commencement of role.
If you are intersted, plase apply with your CV today