It is important to be prepared before going to an interview. Many of the behavioral interview questions are standard questions that are asked by almost anyone. Therefore, it would be to your advantage to write down your answers and read them out loud to yourself in front of a mirror or to practice your answers with a friend before your interview. The more you get prepared, the more you can succeed and get an offer.
Below are the most asked interview questions and tips for answering them.
2) Why do you want to work for us?
3) What can you bring to our company? Why should we hire you? (Read my previous blog post for answering this question.)
4) What do you know about our company? (Look at the company website before the interview.)
5) Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What are your career goals? (Make a short career plan. If you are not a manager, you can say ‘I see myself in a managerial position’. If you are already a manager, you can say ‘I see myself as a director’.)
6) Why did you choose this field/career path? (You can say ‘I am passionate about this topic.’)
7) Can you tell me about your role in your current company? (Explain what is written on your resume in detail.)
8) What are your strengths/weaknesses?
9) Tell me about a time where you worked in a team? Were you a leader/coordinator/etc.? (Preferably tell about a time where you were a leader and you were successful.)
10) Tell me about a time where you faced a challenge. What was your reaction? How did you solve it? (The number one rule of solving a challenge is to stay calm and understand the root cause.)
11) Tell me about an accomplishment you are most proud of.
12) What motivates you? (Never say money! You can tell that ‘The appreciation I get from others motivates me.’)
13) What was your biggest failure? What did you learn from it? (I learned to be more careful, to listen to others, etc.)
14) What was your biggest mistake? How did you fix it? (Look at Question 10.)
15) Are you willing to relocate/travel?
16) Do you have any hobbies? What are they? (Everyone has a hobby! Please tell at least one thing. Preferably a sport activity like swimming, running, playing basketball, etc.)
17) What are your computer skills/technical skills?
18) How did you hear about this position?
19) What are your salary requirements? (Before mentioning your number, ask them their salary range for this position)
20) Do you have any questions for me? (Definitely ask the interviewer some questions. Read my previous blog post about this topic. )